6th Grade Mathematics
What your student will be able to do after a successful year
Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems
- Solve unit rate problems
- Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100
- Use ratio reasoning to convert measurement units; manipulate and transform units appropriately when multiplying or dividing quantities.
The Number System
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers
Expressions and Equations
- Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.