About Mathematics in Unit 4
The Champaign Unit 4 Schools mathematics program shall ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to become mathematically literate citizens.
Mathematically literate students are exposed throughout their school career to problem solving, reasoning, and communicating mathematically. An appropriate mathematics curriculum incorporates manipulatives, cooperative learning groups, technology, and processes of inquiry that foster students' confidence and their mathematical abilities.
The students will:
- experience success and progress in order to become confident in their mathematical ability.
- develop processes of inquiry, discovery, and reasoning which can be used in all areas of life.
- use a wide variety of methods and strategies, including technology, to solve problems.
- learn to read, write and speak about mathematical topics.
- learn to recognize the value of math in daily life.