How do I contact my school nurse?

  • You may contact the Nurse Administrator, Margee Poole at (217) 351-3701


  • Contact your child's school.
    They will contact your school nurse, who will communicate with you as soon as possible.

What do Nurses do for the schools?

  • Work with parents to set up action plans and safety plans for students with medical needs, for example: asthma, allergies, diabetes, sickle cell, seizure disorders.
  • Participate in medically related IEP and 503 meetings.
  • Serve as a consultant on medically related issues.
  • Arrange or provide trainings for school staff on relevant topics.
  • Assist with tracking and monitoring compliance of state health requirements (physicals, immunization, dental exams, vision exams).

What do Nurses do for students and families?

  • Assist students with medication in accordance with Unit 4 Board Policy.
  • Assist students with chronic conditions (such as diabetes and asthma) to manage their health care needs while at school.
  • Education on health related topics.
  • Communicate with health care providers, when appropriate.
  • Liaison between school and parents, when appropriate.

How can I see the Unit 4 School Board Policies?

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.